|Table of Contents|
|1. What is a cookie?|
|3. How is this website using cookies?|
|4. What can you do if you don’t want cookies to be set or want them to be removed?|
1. What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device. They are unique to your account or your browser. They records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit.
Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire. Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system. To find out more about cookies, visit this site.
3. How is this website using cookies?
Other cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to carry out analytics and customization, among other similar things. Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit a Site or use our Services, remember your preferences, and give you a personalized experience that’s consistent with your settings. This helps us to develop and improve our website as well as products and / or services in response to what you might need or want. Cookies also make your interactions faster and more secure.
Categories of use:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We may use persistent cookies for this website Analytics , Google Analytics, Mixpanel Analytics or Segment.io Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance & Analytical cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
4. What can you do if you don’t want cookies to be set or want them to be removed?
Some people prefer not to allow cookies, which is why most browsers give you the ability to manage cookies to suit you. In some browsers you can set up rules to manage cookies on a site-by-site basis, giving you more fine-grained control over your privacy. What this means is that you can disallow cookies from all sites except those that you trust.
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
if you limit the ability of websites and applications to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience and/or lose the ability to access the services, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings, like login information.
If you have any questions regarding the information provided to you here, please do not hesitate to reach out and connect with us. We are happy to answer any questions! You can click this link here to get in touch with us. If you would like to check out some of our recent posts you can click here. We also have some of our favourite designs available for you in our shop!
We love to accept guest writers for our blog and if you would like to apply you can do so here. We review all of the content provided to us and make determinations based on what we are planning to share that month. We encourage everyone to submit a sample of their writing and suggested topics if they would like to be featured.
We also love when our readers share with us professionals that they admire and have connections with. We use those connections to reach out to professionals for advice and guidance which we then provide to you in our content from them! You can share your recommendations with us here.