Table of Contents
You know that feeling when you’re not good enough? When you feel like you can’t do anything right and everyone is better than you? Yeah, that feeling sucks.
And it’s one that a lot of people struggle with on a daily basis.
The thing is, when you don’t have high self-worth, it doesn’t just impact you – it impacts everyone around you. Your partner, your friends, your family, your coworkers… Everyone.
So many people think that working on their self-worth is selfish. They think that they should just be happy with what they have and not try to improve themselves.
But the truth is, when you work on your self-worth, you’re not being selfish – you’re being selfless.
When you have high self-worth, you show up as a better partner, a better friend, and a better member of your community. You have more to give because you feel good about yourself.
You’re able to be more present and engaged in your relationships because you’re not focused on your own insecurities. And when you feel good about yourself, it’s contagious – the people around you will start to feel good about themselves too.
So if you’ve been struggling with low self-worth, know that it’s not selfish to work on improving it. In fact, it’s the opposite – it’s selfless. Because when you have high self-worth, everyone around you benefits.
Ways to improve your self worth:
1. Spend time with people who make you feel good about yourself.
2. Do things that make you feel good – things that make you feel accomplished and proud of yourself.
3. Focus on your positive qualities and what makes you unique.
4. Accept compliments graciously and without downplaying them.
5. Forgive yourself for your mistakes – we all make them and they don’t define you as a person.
6. Practice self-care – do things that make you feel relaxed, happy, and nourished.
7. Believe in yourself – know that you are capable and worthy of great things.
8. Be patient – change takes time, but it will happen if you keep working at it.
Working on your self-worth is an ongoing journey, but it’s one that is so worth taking. Because when you have high self-worth, you show up as a better version of yourself in all areas of your life.
And that benefits everyone around you!
So don’t be afraid to work on your self-worth – it’s actually one of the most selfless things you can do.